Tuesday 27 January 2009

Bishop Paul Visits Orchard Junior School



On Wednesday 14th January 2009 Bishop Paul, the Bishop of Southampton, came to visit Orchard and had a talk with the School’s Council. He went round to see each class and said “hello” to a lot of children – and staff! Many pupils were excited about talking to this important man. Here are a few questions we asked him:

What is it like being a Bishop?
It’s a lot of hard work and it’s quite varied. He has been a Bishop for 4 years. In total he looks after about 120 churches!

What’s your favourite part of being a bishop?
I like visiting all the different schools (Playschools, Infant schools, junior schools and Secondary schools). When I was little I wanted to either be a policeman because of my dad or an accountant because of my granddad; however I never dreamed of being a Bishop!

How often do you visit schools?
I usually visit a school around once a week.
Have you ever had to deal with something bad?
Once I had to deal with something too bad to tell !!!!!!!
It was a pleasure to have him at our school and we hope he will visit Orchard Junior again some time!

By Lauren & Emily








No comments: