Tuesday, 16 March 2010
1. Make sure you put it in a suitable field.
2. Look after it every day – feeding and watering it, checking it is ok, brush it and pick out its hooves.
3. Feed it carrots and apples.
4. If it’s been good you can give it a sugar lump!
5. Only start riding a horse when it’s ready. That doesn’t mean you can just jump on it the moment it turns three. You have to break it in gradually, and give it a few months to get used to a human on its back.
6. NEVER walk round the back of a horse because it might kick you!